You wish to use a universal remote to operate your GE DVR/DVD Combos. In that scenario, you must program your preferred universal remote control with one of the following codes.
Following the code lists are step-by-step instructions for programming your universal remote using the provided codes as well as two backup strategies in case the first approach did not work.
Try a different code if the first one doesn’t seem to work. We add new codes to our listings on a regular basis.
GE DVR/DVD Combos Universal Remote Codes List
How to Program a Universal Remote to Work with a GE DVR/DVD Combos?
There are three simple ways to set up or configure a universal remote to work with your GE DVR/DVD Combos. Now we are going to guide you step by step on each one of them.
How to Program GE Universal Remote Without Codes
In the auto search method, all the universal remote codes are gone through scanning process in the remote. It scans one code at a time to find out the correct remote code that works with your remote to program the control. Follow the instructions given below:
- “Switch On” the smart device like “TV” that you want the universal remote to operate.
- “Turn on” the remote, tap on the device button (TV, DVD, CBL and OK/SEL) for 3 seconds. The LED light indicates the device is ready to program.
- Point out the remote to device and click on “CH+” & “CH-“ switches. Remote will show on/off signals. Press “up” or “down” key continuously till the device will turn off.
- Verify the code by clicking on “Power” key. Device should turn on. If it starts, try changing the channel to verify that remote is programmed correctly.
- Now tap the “device” button to save the code. LED of Device will blink twice for confirming the code stored.
How to Program GE Universal Remote With Manual Method
By using the keycode we can easily program a universal remote and the keycode identifies the make and model of your equipment.
- You must first direct your universal remote toward the GE DVR/DVD Combos remote control that you wish to replace.
- Next, depending on the model of your universal remote, press either the SETUP button or the MAGIC button.
- You must now enter the manual programming code that can be found in your universal remote’s instruction manual.
- The next step is to push a universal remote programming button, such as TV VOLUME DOWN.
- After that, you must press and hold the matching button on the GE DVR/DVD Combos original remote control.
- Then, we ought to notice a light blinking. That confirms that this setting was correctly stored, allowing us to use TV VOLUME DOWN on our universal remote.
Here is another method:
- First you need to “Turn The Device On”
- Press the “TV” on your “GE universal remote”
- Now press and hold the “Setup button” of the Universal Remote until it shows the “Light Flash” (It means it is in “Learning mode”)
- Finally enter the “Keycode” which you collected from the programing guide (Instructions Booklet)
- Once you’ve done this procedure, just “point your remote at the TV” and then “Press And Hold The Power” button
- You can release the “Power Button” whenever the screen switches off
For each function you want to use with the universal remote, you would need to repeat the procedures above. When you are finished programming the universal remote, you must press the SETUP button to signal completion.
This technique replicates the IR signal from your primary remote to the universal remote; it is rarely necessary as the other techniques typically function.
How to Program GE Universal Remote With Code Search
Applying a keycode is the first technique. You can set up the universal remote to function with your GE DVR/DVD Combos with the right code. Your device’s brand and model are identified by the keycode.
- The GE DVR/DVD Combos you want to configure must first be turned ON.
- The TV button on your Universal Remote is then pressed.
- Next, we must press and hold the Universal Remote’s SETUP button until we see a light blinking. Now you must enter the code, which may be found on this page or on the instructions of the device you wish to set. (When the universal remote accomplishes this, it indicates that it has entered the Learning mode.)
- Point the universal remote towards the GE DVR/DVD Combos after entering the code, then press and hold the power button.
- You can release the power button once the screen turns off.
Alternatively, you can use the below method:
- First of all “Turn The Device On”
- Now press and hold the “Setup” button
- Enter the “9-9-1” (three-digit) code
- Now hold down the “Power Button” on the remote and then press the Channel up them until the device in this case your tv “Turns Off”
Your GE DVR/DVD Combos will now function with the universal remote if you followed the instructions. Try again with a different code if your GE DVR/DVD Combos isn’t working.
A wide list of codes for your universal remote has been provided. Additionally, we have walked you through each step of the various ways to program your universal remote.
We sincerely hope that the universal remote codes and programming techniques were successful for you.
Use the search function in the top bar to locate any other devices you may have. As an alternative, you can visit our homepage and go through the brands or categories to find them.
We’re delighted we could be of assistance.