Are you seeking universal remote control codes for cable boxes? then you should look at those that are listed below. Furthermore, all models of universal remote controls can be configured using these codes. Additionally, we have listed the best functioning techniques for programming universal remotes for cable boxes, including manual, automatic, and code-search techniques.
Please review the techniques and apply them to configure your remote and other devices. Use the codes to configure your cable box in compliance with their instructions.
Universal Remote Codes for Cable Box List
|Brand Name||Cable Remote Codes|
|ARCHER||0468, 0469, 0470, 0471|
|COLOR VOICE||0472, 0473|
|DIGITAL MUSIC EXPRESS||0514|
|GENERAL INSTRUMENT||0509, 0461, 0465|
|HAMLIN||0461, 0480, 0481, 0482|
|JERROLD||0509, 0461, 0465, 0518|
|MOTOROLA (COX)||0509, 0465, 0513, 0518|
|PHILIPS||0471, 0479, 0485, 0490, 0491, 0492|
|PHILIPS MAGNAVOX||0505, 0534|
|PIONEER||0478, 0506, 0493, 0494|
|RADIO SHACK||0505, 0534, 0525|
|RCA||0460, 0471, 0507|
|SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA||0498, 0497, 0506, 0535, 0512, 0466, 0496|
|TOCOM||0464, 0501, 0513, 0520|
|UNIKA||0468, 0469, 0471|
|UNIVERSAL||0468, 0469, 0470, 0471, 0502, 0524|
|VIEWSTAR||0475, 0485, 0487, 0500|
|ZENITH||0503, 0525, 0471, 0486, 0521, 0522, 0523, 0527|
How to Program Cable Box Universal Remote Without Codes
All universal remote control codes are scanned in the remote during the auto search procedure. To configure the control, it scans one code at a time to determine the correct remote code that works with your remote. Follow the directions below:
- Turn on the smart device you want to use the universal remote to control, such as the TV.
- To “turn on” a device, press and hold the TV, DVD, CBL, and OK/SEL buttons for three seconds. The device is prepared to configure, according to the LED light.
- Use the remote to select the “CH+” and “CH-” switches. On/off indications are displayed on the remote. Continuously press the “up” or “down” key until the device turns off.
- Click the “power” key to confirm the code. It should start up. If it does, try a different channel to make sure the remote is configured properly.
- To store the code, press the “device” button now. The device’s LED will flash twice to verify the code that was stored.
How to Program Cable Box Universal Remote With Manual Method
- To start, “Turn On The Device.”
- On your “Cable Box universal remote,” select “TV.”
- Now, press and hold the Universal Remote’s “Setup button” until it flashes (this indicates that it is in “Learning mode”).
- Finally, enter the “Keycode” that you found in the programming instructions (Instructions Booklet)
- After that, simply “point your remote at the TV” and then “Press And Hold The Power” button.
- When the screen turns off, you can release the “Power Button.”
That’s all; your TV should now function fine with the universal remote control. If it doesn’t, try repeating the operation with a different code from the same section of the reference table.
How to Program Cable Box Universal Remote With Code Search
If you can’t locate the correct key code for the device at the time, you can configure your universal remote to look for it. It’s a manual code that puts the remote in search mode.
- To begin with, “Turn The Device On.”
- Press and hold the “Setup” button right now.
- Enter the three-digit code “9-9-1” while holding down the “Power Button” on the remote. Then, press the Channel up button until the device, in this case, your TV, “Turns Off.”
The above procedure may take a little longer, but it is critical to find your key code. After you’ve completed the above steps, your remote should be functional for all in-room functions.
Even though we listed all of the Universal Remote Codes for Cable Boxes in this blog post, if you see any errors or think that we left out any codes, please leave a comment and we will fix the problem as well as add the missing Universal Remote Codes.